BIG47 drainage channels
BIG47 range channels have 47 mm wall thickness and are provided with cast iron edge reinforcement profiles. These profiles are perfectly anchored to the main concrete body, preventing any detachment.
BIG47 profiles are made of materials resistant to corrosion caused by contact with the surrounding environment, giving the product compactness and protection against wear caused by traffic.
All channels have a male-female coupling system to provide improved stability during installation and a dedicated groove for perfect joint sealing.
The BIG47 range supports, according to Standard EN1433, 3 different load classes: D400, E600 and F900. The series of gratings combinable with the channels are made in ductile iron with slots (width less than 20 cm), legally suitable for the transit of people with limited mobility.
BIG47 channels are provided with assembled gratings, fixed with a system of M10 nuts and bolts (unscrewing bolt).
In addition to the BIG47 range, also available are lower drain outlets, sump units with plastic slit buckets and front/end cap in galvanised steel.
The BIG47 range is certified according to European standard EN 1433 and bears the mandatory CE marking.
BIG47 drainage channel range is produced in high-grade vibrocompressed concrete ensuring high resistance to compression (minimum strength class C35/45 – fck = 35 N/mm2 and Rck = 45 N/mm2), resistant to frost and de-icing salts (marking “+R” for European standard EN 1433) and attacks caused to atmospheric agents (“W” marking for European standard EN 1433).
The BIG47 range
The BIG47 drainage channel range is produced in high-grade concrete.
The series of gratings combinable with the channels are made in ductile iron with slots (width less than 20 cm), legally suitable for the transit of people with limited mobility.
1. Installation instructions are provided for reference purposes; the customer (or designer) must ensure them are compatible with the nature of the soil. Carefully level the supporting surface of the channel by applying a 1 cm layer of
2. The channel, in order to perform its drainage function and not to overload the supporting surface of grating of huge efforts, it must be installed at least 3-5 mm below the level of the surrounding paving (view installation drawings).
3. The channel is already provided with gratings already assembled: if during installation it should be necessary disassemble them, it is advisable to tighten screws in their respective threads without lock them just to protect the same threads from construction’s site wastes.
4. In order to guarantee waterproofness between each component of the drainage line, it is necessary to apply polyurethane sealant with a low modulus of elasticity, type MAPEI (Mapeflex), SIKA (Sikaflex) or similar, on the contact surfaces between one channel and the next (it is recommended to treat these surfaces with a primer of the same brand if them appear slightly dusty and if the joints are subjected to high mechanical stress or frequent and prolonged contact with liquids).
Supply and installation of prefabricated drainage channel type M model BIG47 ___ for rainwater runoff, produced in high-grade vibrate concrete with minimum strenght class C35/45, walls thickness not less than 47mm, provided with markings “W”, “+R” and CE in compliance with European standard EN1433 and CPR 305/2011/EU.
The channel must have the following characteristics: load class from A15 to F900, semicircular internal bottom to ensure maximum water flow and avoid stagnation, without slope incorporated, sealable male-female joint to allow watertight up to the upper edge of the channel.
The drainage channel must be provided with ductile cast iron frames “Z” shaped perfectly anchored to the main concrete body, provided with suitable seats for M10 nuts to which ensure screws for fix the gratings – 8 per meter -, edge subject to traffic with thickness not less than 5mm, contact surface thickness not less than 4mm and height not less than 25mm.
The channel will have the following dimensions:
- external width/internal width __/__mm
- external height/internal height __/__mm
- lenght 1000mm
The drainage channel will be assembled with
- ductile cast iron GJS 500/7 slotted gratings according to standard EN1563, load class D400 (E600 – F900), dimensions __ x 500 x 25mm, with screw fixing system (8 per linear meter) already assembled
The drainage unit must be provided with certificate of conformity according to standard UNI EN1433 and released by a third party institutio with accreditation.