SMART PRO drainage channels
Smart Pro range channels have 30 mm wall thickness and are provided with galvanised steel edge reinforcement profiles which are perfectly anchored to the main concrete body, preventing any detachment.
Smart Pro profiles are made of materials resistant to corrosion caused by contact with the surrounding environment, giving the product compactness and protection against wear caused by traffic.
The Smart Pro range supports, according to Standard EN 1433, 4 different load classes: B125, C250, D400 and E600. The series of gratings combinable with the channels is wide and available in different versions: anti-heel mesh grating in galvanised steel (B125), ductile iron slotted grating with width of less than 20 cm, legally suitable for transit of people with limited mobility (C250, D400 and E600) and ductile iron mesh gratings “Urbe” (D400).
All channels have a male-female coupling system to provide improved stability during installation and a dedicated groove for perfect joint sealing. Smart Pro channels are provided with assembled gratings, fixed with M10 self-locking screws.
In addition to the Smart Pro range, also available are channels with length of 0.5 m, lower drain outlet, sump units with plastic slit buckets and front/end cap in galvanised steel.
The Smart Pro range is certified according to European standard EN 1433 and bears the mandatory CE marking.
Smart Pro drainage channel range is produced in high-grade, vibro-compressed concrete ensuring high resistance to compression (minimum strength class C35/45 – fck = 35 N/mm2 and Rck = 45 N/mm2), resistant to frost and de-icing salts (marking “+R” for European standard EN 1433) and attacks caused by atmospheric agents (“W” marking for European standard EN 1433)
The SMART PRO range
SMART PRO installation
The Smart Pro drainage channel range is produced in high-grade vibrocompressed concrete. The series of gratings combinable with the channels is wide and available in different versions: anti-heel mesh grating in galvanised steel (B125), ductile iron mesh grating “Urbe” (C250 and D400) and ductile iron slotted grating (C250, D400 and E600).
- Installation instructions are provided for reference purposes; the customer (or designer) must ensure them are compatible with the nature of the soil. Carefully level the supporting surface of the channel by applying a 1 cm layer of mortar.
- The channel, in order to perform its drainage function and not to overload the supporting surface of grating of huge efforts, it must be installed at least 3-5 mm below the level of the surrounding paving (view installation drawings).
- The channel is already provided with gratings already assembled: if during installation it should be necessary disassemble them, it is advisable to tighten screws in their respective threads without lock them just to protect the same threads from construction’s site wastes.
- In order to guarantee waterproofness between each component of the drainage line, it is necessary to apply polyurethane sealant with a low modulus of elasticity, type MAPEI (Mapeflex), SIKA (Sikaflex) or similar, on the contact surfaces between one channel and the next (it is recommended to treat these surfaces with a primer of the same brand if them appear slightly dusty and if the joints are subjected to high mechanical stress or frequent and prolonged contact with liquids).
Supply and installation of prefabricated drainage channel type M model SMART PRO ___ for rainwater runoff, produced in high-grade vibrate concrete with minimum strenght class C35/45, walls thickness not less than 30mm, provided with markings “W”, “+R” and CE in compliance with European standard EN1433 and CPR 305/2011/EU.
The channel must have the following characteristics: load class from A15 to E600, semicircular internal bottom to ensure maximum water flow and avoid stagnation(alternatively: rectangular section to guarantee minimum space and maximum capacity), without slope incorporated, sealable male-female joint to allow watertight up to the upper edge of the channel.
The drainage channel must be provided with galvanized steel profiles perfectly anchored to the main concrete body, provided with M10 threaded inserts which can tighten the screws to fix the gratings – 8 per meter -, edge subject to traffic with thickness not less than 4mm, contact surface thickness not less than 2mm and height not less than 19mm.
The channel will have the following dimensions:
- external width/internal width __/__mm
- external height/internal height __/__mm
- lenght 1000mm
The drainage channel will be assembled with
- anti-heel mesh grating in galvanized steel, load class B125, dimensions __ x 1000 x 19mm, with screw fixing system (4 per meter) already assembled
- ductile cast iron GJS 500/7 slotted gratings according to standard EN1563, load class C250 (D400 – E600), dimensions __ x 500 x 19mm, with screw fixing system (8 per linear meter) already assembled
- ductile cast iron GJS 500/7 mesh gratings according to standard EN1563, load class D400, dimensions __ x 500 x 19mm, with screw fixing system (8 per linear meter) already assembled
The drainage unit must be provided with certificate of conformity according to standard UNI EN1433.