BIG I DRAIN self-supporting drainage channels
BIG I DRAIN range channels have 60 mm wall thickness and are designed for installation on sides of roads and highways with draining asphalt. BIG I DRAIN channels are provided with galvanised steel iron edge reinforcement profiles, perfectly anchored to the main concrete body, preventing any detachment.
Those profiles are made of materials resistant to corrosion caused by contact with the surrounding environment, and completely cover and protect edges, giving the product compactness, protection against wear caused by traffic and high stability to fixed gratings.
All channels have a male-female coupling system to provide improved stability during installation and extremly smooth inside walls for better water flow.
The BIG I range is certified according to European standard EN 1433 up to load class D400/type I and bears the mandatory CE marking.
The BIG I DRAIN range consists of channels with internal width CO = 200 mm and 3 different heights: the standard lenght of the channels is 1 meter.
BIG I DRAIN gratings have load class D400 and are made in ductile iron with mesh pattern.
On request BIG I DRAIN channels can be made with preinstalled lower drain outlets.
The BIG I DRAIN drainage channel range is produced in high-grade pre-cast reinforced concrete ensuring high resistance to compression (minimum strength class C35/45 – fck = 35 N/mm2and Rck = 45 N/mm2), resistant to frost and de-icing salts (“+R” marking for European standard EN 1433) and attacks caused by atmospheric agents (“W” marking for European standard EN 1433).
It Complies with standard UNI EN1433 and it’s CE- marked.
The BIG I DRAIN range
BIG I DRAIN installation
Drainage channels in high-grade pre-cast reinforced concrete, provided with steel iron edge profiles of reinforcement, perfectly anchored to the main body. BIG I DRAIN channels are provided with preassembled gratings and fixed with M12 self-locking screws.
These installation instructions are given as a mere indication; the customer (or the designer) must ensure that they are compatible with the nature of the land and the constraints of existing conditions.
1. Make sure at the time of delivery that the products received are complete in all their parts and perfectly intact.
2. Carefully level the channel supporting surface by applying a layer of at least 3 cm of mortar.
3. So as to be able to best carry out its drainage function and to protect its visible edge and/or that of the grating from any potentially damaging impact during operation, the channel must be installed at least 3-5 mm below the level of the surrounding pavement (see installation diagrams).
4. The channel is supplied with the gratings already fitted; in case these have to be removed during installation, it is advisable to fasten the screws in the respective seats (threads) without fully tightening them for the sole purpose of protecting the seats themselves from site slag. When refitting the gratings, the maximum tightening torque to be applied must not exceed 50 Nm once installation has been completed.
5. In the case of installation with “Concrete flooring”, in order to eliminate the negative effects of horizontal concrete expansion forces against the walls of the channel, longitudinal and transverse expansion joints must be provided in the flooring, to be laid in accordance with the specific reference standards.
6. In order to ensure waterproofing between each element of the drainage line, in compliance with the provisions of the UNI EN 1433 standard, it will be necessary to apply a single-component polyurethane based elastic sealant, such as MAPEI (Mapeflex), SIKA (Sikaflex) or the like, on the contact surfaces between one channel and the next (these surfaces should always be treated with a primer of the same brand if they are slightly dusty and if the joints are subjected to high mechanical stress or frequent and prolonged contact with liquids).
7. To handle the channels during the unloading phase and subsequent installation phases, always harness them and, using straps of suitable load-bearing capacity, fasten them to the geometric centres of the two gratings. The channels should also be handled very carefully and all movements should be made slowly. Lifting the channels in ways other than those expressly indicated by GREENPIPE is forbidden. GREENPIPE reserves the right to change these installation instructions on the basis of product technical developments.