BIG I DRAIN self-supporting drainage channels
BIG I DRAIN range channels have 60 mm wall thickness and are designed for installation on sides of roads and highways with draining asphalt. BIG I DRAIN channels are provided with galvanised steel iron edge reinforcement profiles, perfectly anchored to the main concrete body, preventing any detachment.
Those profiles are made of materials resistant to corrosion caused by contact with the surrounding environment, and completely cover and protect edges, giving the product compactness, protection against wear caused by traffic and high stability to fixed gratings.
All channels have a male-female coupling system to provide improved stability during installation and extremly smooth inside walls for better water flow.
The BIG I range is certified according to European standard EN 1433 up to load class D400/type I and bears the mandatory CE marking.
The BIG I DRAIN range consists of channels with internal width CO = 200 mm and 3 different heights: the standard lenght of the channels is 1 meter.
BIG I DRAIN gratings have load class D400 and are made in ductile iron with mesh pattern.
On request BIG I DRAIN channels can be made with preinstalled lower drain outlets.
The BIG I DRAIN drainage channel range is produced in high-grade pre-cast reinforced concrete ensuring high resistance to compression (minimum strength class C35/45 – fck = 35 N/mm2and Rck = 45 N/mm2), resistant to frost and de-icing salts (“+R” marking for European standard EN 1433) and attacks caused by atmospheric agents (“W” marking for European standard EN 1433).
The BIG I DRAIN range
BIG I DRAIN installation
Drainage channels in high-grade pre-cast reinforced concrete, provided with steel iron edge profiles of reinforcement, perfectly anchored to the main body. BIG I DRAIN channels are provided with preassembled gratings and fixed with M12 self-locking screws.
1. Installation instructions are provided for reference purposes; the customer (or designer) must ensure them are compatible with the nature of the soil. Carefully level the supporting surface of the channel by applying a 1 cm layer of mortar.
2. The channel, in order to perform its drainage function and not to overload the supporting surface of grating of huge efforts, it must be installed at least 3-5 mm below the level of the surrounding paving (view installation drawings).
3. The channel is already provided with gratings already assembled: if during installation it should be necessary disassemble them, it is advisable to tighten screws in their respective threads without lock them just to protect the same threads from construction’s site wastes.
4. In order to guarantee waterproofness between each component of the drainage line, it is necessary to apply polyurethane sealant with a low modulus of elasticity, type MAPEI (Mapeflex), SIKA (Sikaflex) or similar, on the contact surfaces between one channel and the next (it is recommended to treat these surfaces with a primer of the same brand if them appear slightly dusty and if the joints are subjected to high mechanical stress or frequent and prolonged contact with liquids).
5. For handling the channels during the installation or loading/unloading operations, it is reccomended to harness them and hook them with cables and steel hooks using geometric centers of the gratings.
Handle with care and slow movements. It is forbidden to lift the channels using solutions other than those expressly reccomended by GREENPIPE.