BIG I nS F900 self-supporting drainage channels
BIG I nS F900 range channels have wall thickness and are provided with cast iron edge profiles, perfectly anchored to the main concrete body, preventing any detachment and giving compactness, protection against wear caused by traffic and high stability. These profiles “wrap” the channels and have an oversized thickness than required from standard EN1433 in order to provide better resistance.
BIG I nS F900 drainage channels are provided with assembled gratigs, fixed with system of M10 nuts and bolts (unscrewing bolt).
All channels have a male-female coupling system to provide improved stability during installation and extremly smoooth inside for better water flow. The BIG I nS F900 range is certified according to European standard EN1433 up to load class F900/type I and bears the mandatory CE marking. The BIG I nS F900 drainage channels are ideal for applications in areas with extremely heavy and intense traffic, like airports, freight terminals, docks and production facilities. BIG I nS F900 range consists of channels with internal width from 200mm to 400mm, standard lenght of 3 meters or 1 meter. The grating available for BIG I nS F900 is made in ductile iron with slotted pattern (slots width of less than 20 mm, legally suitable for the transit of people with limited mobility (PRM).
The BIG I nS F900 drainage channel range is produced in high-grade pre-cast reinforced concrete ensuring high resistance to compression (minimum strength class C35/45 – fck = 35 N/mm2and Rck = 45 N/mm2), resistant to frost and de-icing salts (“+R” marking for European standard EN 1433) and attacks caused by atmospheric agents (“W” marking for European standard EN 1433).
The BIG I nS F900 range
BIG I nS F900 installation
Drainage channels in high-grade pre-cast reinforced concrete, provided with cast iron edge profiles of reinforcement, perfectly anchored to the main body. BIG I nS F900 channels are provided with preassembled gratings fixed with system “nut+bolt” M10(unscrewing bolt)
1. Installation instructions are provided for reference purposes; the customer (or designer) must ensure them are compatible with the nature of the soil. Carefully level the supporting surface of the channel by applying a 1 cm layer of mortar.
2. The channel, in order to perform its drainage function and not to overload the supporting surface of grating of huge efforts, it must be installed at least 3-5 mm below the level of the surrounding paving (view installation drawings).
3. The channel is already provided with gratings already assembled: if during installation it should be necessary disassemble them, it is advisable to tighten screws in their respective threads without lock them just to protect the same threads from construction’s site wastes.
4. In order to guarantee waterproofness between each component of the drainage line, it is necessary to apply polyurethane sealant with a low modulus of elasticity, type MAPEI (Mapeex), SIKA (Sikaex) or similar, on the contact surfaces between one channel and the next (it is recommended to treat these surfaces with a primer of the same brand if them appear slightly dusty and if the joints are subjected to high mechanical stress or frequent and prolonged contact with liquids).
5. Unload the channels with a lenght of 3 meters using the lifting system with CE certified hooks consisting of 4 pins embedded in the concrete side walls and 4 lifting keys (supplied separately).
For handling the channels with lenght of 1 meter , it is reccomended to harness them and hook them with cables and steel hooks using geometric centers of gratings.
Handle with care and slow movements. It is forbidden to lift the channels using solutions other than those expressly reccomended by GREENPIPE.
The designer is responsible for verifying the bearing capacity of the ground and, accordingly, to determine the size of X and Z, the specific concrete and reinforcing frame for the project.