BIG47 self-supporting drainage channels
BIG47 range channels have 47 mm wall thickness and are provided with cast iron edge reinforcement profiles. These profiles are perfectly anchored to the main concrete body, preventing any detachment.
BIG47 profiles are made of materials resistant to corrosion caused by contact with the surrounding environment, giving the product compactness and protection against wear caused by traffic.
All channels have a male-female coupling system to provide improved stability during installation and a dedicated groove for perfect joint sealing.
The BIG47 drainage channels with internal widths of 100 and 150, are classifi ed as Type I and certified, in accordance with standard EN1433, up to load class D400. The grating model that can be combined with channels is slotted with width of less than 20 cm, legally suitable for the transit of people with limited mobility (PRM).
BIG47 channels are provided with assembled gratings, fixed with a system of M10 nuts and bolts (unscrewing bolt). In addition to the BIG47 range, also available are lower drain outlets, sump units with plastic slit buckets and front/end cap in galvanised steel. The BIG47 range is certified according to European standard EN 1433 and bears the mandatory CE marking.
BIG47 drainage channel range is produced in high-grade vibrocompressed concrete ensuring to compression (minimum strength class C35/45 – fck = 35 N/mm2and Rck = 45 N/mm2), resistant to frost and de-icing salts (“+R” marking for European standard EN 1433) and attacks caused by atmospheric agents (“W” marking for European standard EN 1433)
The BIG47 range
Drainage channels realized with high-grade vibro-compressed concrete.
The grating combinable with the channels are made in ductile iron with slots (width less than 20 cm), legally suitable for the transit of people with limited mobility and with load class D400.
1. Installation instructions are provided for reference purposes; the customer (or designer) must ensure them are compatible with the nature of the soil. Carefully level the supporting surface of the channel by applying a 1 cm layer of mortar.
2. The channel, in order to perform its drainage function and not to overload the supporting surface of grating of huge efforts, it must be installed at least 3-5 mm below the level of the surrounding paving (view installation drawings).
3. The channel is already provided with gratings already assembled: if during installation it should be necessary disassemble them, it is advisable to tighten screws in their respective threads without lock them just to protect the same threads from construction’s site wastes.
4. In order to guarantee waterproofness between each component of the drainage line, it is necessary to apply polyurethane sealant with a low modulus of elasticity, type MAPEI (Mapeflex), SIKA (Sikaflex) or similar, on the contact surfaces between one channel and the next (it is recommended to treat these surfaces with a primer of the same brand if them appear slightly dusty and if the joints are subjected to high mechanical stress or frequent and prolonged contact with liquids).
5. For handling the channels during the installation or loading/unloading operations, it is reccomended to harness them and hook them with cables and steel hooks using geometric centers of the gratings. Handle with care and slow movements. It is forbidden to lift the channels using solutions other than those expressly reccomended by GREENPIPE.