STRONG self-supporting drainage channels
STRONG range channels have 120 or 150 mm wall thickness and are provided with reinforcement profiles. These profiles are perfectly anchored to the main concrete body, preventing any detachment.
STRONG profiles are made of different materials resistant to corrosion caused by contact with the surrounding environment, and completely cover and protect edges, giving the product compactness, protection against wear caused by traffic and high stability to fixed gratings.
All channels have a male-female coupling system to provide improved stability during installation and extremly smooth inside walls for better water flow.
The STRONG channel range is certified according to European standard EN 1433 up to load class F900/type I and bears the mandatory CE marking.
The STRONG range consists of channels with three internal widths (CO 200, CO=300 and CO=400), each of them with different heights to provide the best solution for all needs. STRONG gratings have load class F900 and are available with mesh pattern version (CO=200) or with slotted pattern version (CO= 300 and CO=400) made of ductile iron.
STRONG channels are provided with pre-assembled gratings and fixed with M12 self-locking screws and are ideal for applications in areas with heavy and intense traffic, like docks or airports with container loading/ unloading, trackside airports and airport’s bys.
All channels have a standard length of 5 meters.
The STRONG drainage channel range is produced in high-grade pre-cast reinforced concrete ensuring high resistance to compression (minimum strength class C35/45 – fck = 35 N/mm2and Rck = 45 N/mm2), resistant to frost and de-icing salts (“+R” marking for European standard EN 1433) and attacks caused by atmospheric agents (“W” marking for European standard EN 1433).
The STRONG range
Enter your personal informations to to download product data sheets through a link attached to the email that will be sent to you after registration.
|wdt_ID||Description||Longueur caniveau mm**||L mm||S mm||X mm||H mm*|
|1||STRONG 200 avec grille en fonte F900||5000||200||120||440||450 - 500 - 750|
|2||STRONG 300 avec grille en fonte F900||5000||300||120||540||500 - 750 - 900 - 1000 - 1200|
|3||STRONG 300 avec grille en fonte F900||5000||300||150||600||550 - 750 - 950 - 1050 - 1200|
|4||STRONG 400 avec grille en fonte F900||5000||400||150||700||750 - 950 - 1150|
|5||STRONG 400 avec grille en fonte F900||5000||400||150||700||750 - 950 - 1150 - 1350|
|wdt_ID||Description||Longueur caniveau mm**||L mm||X mm||H mm*|
Drainage channels in high-grade pre-cast reinforced concrete, provided with profiles of reinforcement, perfectly anchored to the main body.
STRONG channels are provided with pre-assembled gratings and fixed with M12 self-locking screws and are ideals in areas with extremely heavy and intense traffic, airports, docks and freight terminals.
1. Installation instructions are provided for reference purposes; the customer (or designer) must ensure them are compatible with the nature of the soil. Carefully level the supporting surface of the channel by applying a 1 cm layer of mortar.
2. The channel, in order to perform its drainage function and not to overload the supporting surface of grating of huge efforts, it must be installed at least 3-5 mm below the level of the surrounding paving (view installation drawings).
3. The channel is already provided with gratings already assembled: if during installation it should be necessary disassemble them, it is advisable to tighten screws in their respective threads without lock them just to protect the same threads from construction’s site wastes.
4. In order to guarantee waterproofness between each component of the drainage line, it is necessary to apply polyurethane sealant with a low modulus of elasticity, type MAPEI (Mapeex), SIKA (Sikaex) or similar, on the contact surfaces between one channel and the next (it is recommended to treat these surfaces with a primer of the same brand if them appear slightly dusty and if the joints are subjected to high mechanical stress or frequent and prolonged contact with liquids).
The designer is responsible for verifying the bearing capacity of the ground and, accordingly, to determine the size of X – Z, the specific concrete and reinforcing frame of the project.
5. During movement of channels, follow the instructions below:
a. On receipt of goods at the construction site, ensure that it has arrived perfectly intact.
b. For handling the channels , it is reccomended to harness them and hook them with cables and steel hooks using geometric centers of gratings. Handle with care and slow movements. It is forbidden to lift the channels using solutions other than those expressly reccomended by GREENPIPE.